A Member of The Association of Graveyard Rabbits

Pages

Sunday 18 July 2010

Sleeping Gardens


Walking through the Sleeping gardens
Stepping soft amongst the stones
Names and dates all carved in marble
Resting beneath them, only bones

Lilies scented, sweet and heady
Waxen petals, pure and white
Remind me of, when I last saw you ~
Had slipped away by candlelight

I had brushed your hair so golden
Kissed your lips so pale and cold
Told you that my heart was broken
You’d stay young as I grew old

Walking through the Sleeping gardens
Tears roll down my grieving cheek
Softly whispering I love you
No more words I’ll hear you speak

So I must wait until you meet me
On the other side of life
Reunited and immortal
Shedding off this mortal strife







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...