A Member of The Association of Graveyard Rabbits

Pages

Saturday 16 February 2013

For They Too Were Surely Loved


All too often I see unmarked graves on my visits through Cemeteries and Churchyards and wonder who they were and why they were buried and left unnamed.

To me there is a kind of deeper grief about those who remain nameless and forgotten and because it saddens me that I'm unable to bring their memory and story back to life......

So I was pleased to discover this memorial in Warrington Cemetery, how nice it would be for all our cemeteries to have such a monument for those who do not have one of their own.







  

2 comments:

  1. AMEN!!!! My GG grandparents are in an unmarked grave and just found out when i went to visit their grave this summer. Very sad...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...