A Member of The Association of Graveyard Rabbits

Pages

Sunday 1 January 2012

His Tongue Was Cut Out



In Memory of
William Locker
Who Died April 6th 1879
Aged 45 Years
His tongue was cut out seven months
before Death
Day by Day we all do miss him
'Thy will be done'
Rebecca His Wife

John Pilling
Who Died Nov. 4th 1875
Aged 81 Years
Esther His Wife Died August
6th 1879 Aged 74 Years


I thought I would start the New Year with a most unusual epitaph that I recently discovered whilst visiting Warrington Cemetery. Thanks to a helpful Supervisor, who pointed out this headstone when I asked him if there were any monuments of particular interest. Unfortunately he could give me no more information about the particulars of this most unusual epitaph.








2 comments:

  1. Very strange! Makes you wonder why they thought it was needed on the stone at all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...