A Member of The Association of Graveyard Rabbits

Pages

Tuesday 14 June 2011

My First Birthday

I am celebrating my First Year of blogging 'Sleeping Gardens' and I wondered what I should post for such a momentous ocassion as this ?


So I thought I'd pull out all the stops and go for a big one. The Taj Mahal seemed to be the most magnificent mausoleum I could think of and far to ostentatious for just an ordinary posting. 


We have visited the Taj Mahal twice, the first time was on a whistle~stop tour of India, where we shuffled around with the crowds, had photos taken and left. Our second visit allowed us the opportunity to arrive early before the hoards descended and drink in the beautiful calm atmosphere of this amazing tribute to the loss of a beloved........


It was built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his third wife, Mumtaz Mahal. It is widely considered as one of the most beautiful buildings in the world and stands as a symbol of eternal love.

Mumtaz Mahal







2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Happy Blogiversary and many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely photos! I've always wanted to visit the Taj Mahal.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...