A Member of The Association of Graveyard Rabbits

Pages

Tuesday 31 August 2010

Do You Ever Get That Sinking Feeling

Haverhill, Suffolk

Call me a sensitive Soul if you like, but I never fail to find the sight of a listing and sinking memorial, filling me with a despondency regarding its neglect. It seems to make the monument to loss and grief all the sadder. So I try and look on the bright side and hope that it is due to a timely reunion of loved ones, or that maybe the grieving have moved on with their lives and no longer need the focus of a gravesite to help them remember.
And then there are those underground graveyard rabbit warrens.......................

Manor Park, London

Mill Road, Cambridge

Manor Park, London

Coston, Leicestershire

Manor Park, London

  



4 comments:

  1. Good photos, though disturbing. I feel for future family historians who won't find their ancestors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manor Park is still owned privately by the original company who founded it and even more disturbing was some other photos I took of a whole collection of old stones from the 30's that had been removed and stored behind some bushes ( are the remains still in the ground and now unmarked ? ). It made me wonder if a limited lease is purchased for a plot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, Holisticrocs, your blog is super. I tweeted it's URL yesterday, hoping more folks would stop by and follow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why thank you so much, how kind of you.....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...